Students at NSIRC conduct their research using some of the world's most advanced analysis and testing technologies. NSIRC houses £20 million of state-of-the-art equipment, acquired using investment from BIS and HEFCE.
This new equipment ensures that NSIRC has world-leading capabilities, is best placed to meet its research commitments, and is able to address the research topics specified by the industrial partners. It includes:
- Metallic and polymeric materials analysis and characterisation equipment.
- Advanced testing equipment to measure fracture, fatigue, creep and corrosion performance.
- High pressure testing equipment for large scale tests in pipes and vessels.
- Equipment for testing in H 2 S, CO 2 and other aggressive environments.
- Re-configurable, large scale facilities for specialised component / structure testing.
- Systems and software for process simulation, modelling of structural performance and lifetime prediction.
- Residual stress measurement equipment.
- A range of NDT equipment for defect detection and procedure development.
- Remote and intelligent sensors and data analysis tools for condition monitoring applications.
- Selected welding / coating and thermal cycle simulation equipment for characterisation, development and proving of high integrity processes.
- Specific / bespoke equipment to address defined areas of research focus of the NSIRC founder sponsors.
- Dimensional measurement equipment.
- Equipment for test piece preparation (cutting, welding, machining etc.)
For more information, please contact us.